The benefits of Ford Options:
- The opportunity to drive a new Ford more often
- Regular payments to suit your personal needs
- Flexible terms of 24 months, 30 months and 36 months
- The assurance of a Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) should you wish to pursue Option two as detailed below
- The option to own the car at the end of the agreement
How does it work?
- You decide on the car you want to buy and tell us your anticipated annual mileage
- You choose the deposit you want to pay and the repayment period that suits you
- We then estimate the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) that the car will be worth at the end of your agreed finance term
- This, and your agreed deposit, is deducted from your car price
- Your repayments are then based on the balance, plus the interest on both this and the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV)
- The finance specialist at your Ford Dealer will then submit your application through to Ford Credit
- Once the finance documentation is complete, you can drive away in your new car
- At the end of the agreement, you have three great options.
Finance subject to status. Guarantees/indemnities may be required. Freepost Ford Credit.
Option one – choose another car
You can choose another car by using any excess value over the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) as a deposit on your next Ford. You can trade in your old car, or sell it privately if you prefer, having settled your account, and use any excess monies towards your next Ford.
Option two – return the car
You’ll have nothing further to pay, providing the car is in good condition, and the agreed mileage hasn't been exceeded.
Please note that the car's condition is assessed in accordance with our RAC- approved normal wear and tear guidelines. We can provide you with full details once your agreement is up and running
Option three – keep the car
If you decide to keep the car, assuming all payments have been made, you just need to pay the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV), plus the Option to Purchase Fee, and it’s yours to drive away. We may also arrange finance for the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV).
Get the answers to your most frequently asked questions about Ford OptionWhat is Ford Options and how does it work?
Ford Options is our personal contract
purchase plan which is ideal for customers who wish to renew their car
more often, whilst also providing them with the added security of
knowing what the minimum future value of their vehicle will be at the
end of their finance agreement.
Over what period can I take my Ford Options agreement?
Ford Options agreements can be taken out over 24, 30 or 36 month terms.
What options do I have at the end of my Ford Options agreement?
At the end of the plan your options are as follows:
1) Choose a new car – Trade your car in or sell it privately,
having settled your account, and use any excess monies towards a new
2) Return the car – Provided the car is found to be in good
condition and that the agreed mileage has not been exceeded, you may
return your car at the end of your agreement through your Ford Dealer.
3) Keep the car – Simply pay the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) and you own the car.
When is my Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) due?
Your Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) is due 30 days after your last regular instalment has been paid.
What happens if I have not made a decision and my GMFV has become due?
Please contact us on 08457 125490 immediately to discuss and advise us of your decision. Please click here to find out what options you have at the end of your Ford Options or Ford Options Cashplan agreement.
Why is there a mileage restriction?
The annual mileage is agreed depending on your individual
requirements at the start of the finance agreement. It allows Ford
Credit to allocate a Guaranteed Minimum Future Value to the vehicle,
thereby calculating the monthly repayments.
I'd like to return my car at the end of my Ford Options agreement. What do I need to do?
Simply return your vehicle to your Ford Dealer, who will carry out
an appraisal on your vehicle. So long as the vehicle meets our 'fair
wear and tear' standards, and you are within your agreed mileage, you
will have nothing further to pay. Your Wear and Tear guide, provided at
the start of your agreement, will give you further information
regarding 'fair wear and tear' and the appraisal and return process.
Answering your questions about Ford Credit
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the FAQ section, feel free to contact us and we’ll make sure you get the answers to all of your questions.
Customer Service Centre
For more information on products and services available from Ford
Credit, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0845 712 5490
(Lines are open Monday to Fridays 9am to 5.15pm and Saturdays 9am to
Or by post at:
Customer Service Centre
Customer Relationship Centre
For any customer assistance on your existing product or service
provided by Ford Motor Company, please contact the Customer
Relationship Centre on 0845 841 1111
Or by post at:
Ford Customer Relationship Centre
PO Box 4430